Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The pieces aren't completeing the puzzle...at least not tonight

So, its late and it's the night before the final is due. I officially hate iMovie and its ghetto-ness. I have finally figured out how to adjust the times of all the images I've place in my work at once; however, now it seems that they're not all showing, and not showing for the designated time I've set for them when they actually do show.

I was happy to finally receive my dad's voice over today which I'm including in my piece; however, the 3 hour process it took to get him and my mom to send the file as an attachment through an email was quite the production. Its here and on my laptop now, so I guess that's all that really matters.

As for my own screw ups, I legit forgot to get the cord I need to attach the camera to my laptop. Now I have footage on tape to watch as many times I'd like via video camera; yet, no way at all to place it on my laptop and edit it into my project.

This night has been an epic failure. I had really expected all the pieces of my project to come together tonight but I just don't see that happening anymore. In order to make my project work I honestly think I need to use Final Cut, in order for it to come out the way I want it to. I'm heading into class tomorrow with what I have, even though its not much, and seeing if I can salvage what I do have onto Final Cut in order for it to actually fit the vision I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment