Thursday, April 1, 2010

Animation and Last Class

So, I went to a little makeup sesh to catch up and figure out the whole animation project process. I learned all about the frame by frame type of filming. The program, Frame by Frame, is really helpful when it comes to stop motion animation because it gives you that whole onion shell view of the frame previous to the one you're filming. I also learned about how to go about retroscoping on Photoshop which I thought was mad cool. I really would like to try that out but I don't think it works into my idea for my animation project. Maybe I could use it on another project I guess. Also, I learned that whole trick to make little repetitive tasks go a lot faster, props to Gokey when the time comes to use that.

During my catch up sesh we started looking for videos of people messing around with N64 visuals, which is what I plan on doing a project on for my final. Most of the videos were for the original Nintendo though so I learned I'm going to have to start doing my research if I want to get this project done right. I just really want this project to work out because I think it would be super cool.

In actual class we watched some animation videos, covered the topic of chat roulette after watching Ben Folds and a Ben Folds look-a-like freestyle via piano about the random person who popped up on their vid chat. It was funny. The whole concept chat roulette thing is just amusing though because people go on it to talk to random people they don't know. I feel like chat roulette will be a mega topic on Oprah or something in the near future. I'll be on the lookout for that for sure. Oh, I also learned about how I can apply that whole disappearing image thing, like the one the guy used on bball videos, to my animation video which gave me inspiration for a story idea. I guess that made me more excited to work on the project and get it done since now I have an actual idea.

Its gorgeous out though, I'll be on my way to dance class soon, and then I'll be done with classes for my week. Sweet life. Check ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment