Thursday, April 15, 2010

A class of final projects, educational drunk histories, and critiquing animation projects

Ok, so basically yesterday I finalized decisions on my project. After hours of digging through Youtube and nerdy websites I decided that I didn't have too many references, or really any good ones at all, when it came to circuit bending the old N64. I just feel like there was too much of a chance of either nothing happening at all or just screwing up completely and not having anything to show as a final because the gaming consul broke or something during my test jobs. I considered circuit bending the cartridges instead but actually ended up deciding on changing my project into building a portable N64 instead. Today I'm going to look up what other parts I'll need and start figuring out how to go about it by going through blogs, websites, and more Youtube videos. I'm crossing my fingers this all works out and starting as soon as I can just in case all this backfires, which I won't let happen anyways, so I guess thats not a real concern.

In class we watched Drunk Histories on Youtube. I have no idea how it even came up or what lead us to watch it but I found it absolutely hysterical. I was telling people to watch it for the rest of the day. A majority of people I told about my new little Youtube kick already knew about it so I kind of ended up sounding outdated to all those people who are so up to date on what's cool on Youtube and stuff, but hey, its all good.

We also critiqued the animation videos in class. I feel kind of inspired to create a sequel to my Bunnies vs. Dragons video now that I heard all of those ideas that people in class threw out there. People had a lot of good ideas involving Peeps getting enlarged in microwaves, getting revenge on the dragons, and using more dragon fire. Perhaps you'll see Bunnies vs Dragons II: The Struggle Continues come out in the near future. Cross your fingers!

So thats about all, we watched some other cool videos too and stuff but I honestly can't remember specifics. I feel like there was something else that really stood out to me in class but I'm totally blanking out on it. Oh well. Check ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment