Friday, April 30, 2010

The Class Before Last

Ok, so the class before last was focused a lot on our own projects. We went through the hourclass blog as usual though.

We watched a video of guys running across and getting stuck in that gloop stuff. It was actually really amusing. It was not only a childhood dream come true to see a whole pool of that gloop stuff actually exist, but it brought back old memories of me making it in my Nana's kitchen when I was little, with my cousin.

After that, we pretty much worked on our final projects. I figured out all the parts and everything for the portable N64 project and even found a decent video to guide me through all the steps. I planned to meet with Gokey later that week depending on when two more of the parts came in and I felt like I was pretty much set.

Over the weekend I went out to Best Buy to try to buy the random batteries, transistors, resistors, capacitators, and so on, and so on. Upon asking the guy at Best Buy for parts he looked at me with eyes bugged out of his head and asked "Are you building a time machine?". So after that fiasco, I headed to Radioshack, where I luckily found most of the random electronic shindigs I needed. The only thing I was missing that was on my "to-buy" list was the special batteries I needed that are typically used in portable DVD players. So that's when I headed back to Best Buy. I made buddies with a guy named Tom who gave me what I could and told me if that didn't work then he would order another kind. He was really helpful and I was starting to really look forward to my project.

Then, everything kind of came to an awful halt. My screen still had not come in and the Texas Instruments company decided to notify me that my piece would be backordered until July 22. So as a back up I researched every nerdy website after that only to find out that they were all in the same position- there was no chip PTH08080WAZ that would be available for me to use anytime soon. I basically hated my life for a while when I realized I had to accept the fact that I would not be able to complete this project in time for the deadline. Then it was time to figure out my next project. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment