Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3 Things from Last Class

We learned a lot about videos and how files and pictures on the computer work.

1.) I was fascinated by how we talked about the new iPad and where technology was going while we downloaded the older version of iMovie because the newer version was too dumbed down for us. The whole idea of technology getting easier and easier to use as we get more and more comfortable using complex technology just seems like an oxymoron to me. I don't see anything wrong with programs being intricate and complex as long as you can learn to use them and they do all the things necessary to create a strong final product. I just don't like the idea of dumbing things down and programs being made simple for us because I feel like thats just a companies way of saying their consumers a lazy and dumb. I just have the attitude that I would rather take on a program like final cut, or even just the older version of iMovie like we are in class, and learn new things, then use the new, simplified, version on iMovie because its easier, but maybe thats just me.

2.) While making my last project on iDVD I moved all of the pictures I had used on it from my desktop and into a folder. After moving the pictures into a folder and returning to my project I realized all of the pictures I had just put in had disappeared. Luckily, in class, we went over why that happens. Now I understand that moving those pictures to another location made them disappear off of the radar of my project. My project only recognized them as desktop photos and by moving them into a folder, they were gone from iDVD because iDVD was simply copying what images had been placed on the desktop.

3.) Finally, I learned that its possible to take videos offline in order to re-edit them yourself if you simply just download the proper programs. If you're on youtube and you see a video you would want to alter or mix with another, then you just click the button on the toolbar. Then you can move the file to a program, such as iMovie, and do whatever, well almost whatever, your heart desires with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment